Because the installer for JVCL uses dcc32 , you can’t install it into Delphi Starter XE2. This just means that you need to install the packages manually from the IDE.
The following is a brief outline of the steps to install the latest JVCL in Delphi Starter XE2:
- Download JVCL for XE2: http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/28421
- Extracted to $(COMPONENTBASE)\jvcl
- Updated to the latest SVN version from: https://jvcl.svn.sourceforge.net:443/svnroot/jvcl/trunk/jvcl
- Opened up $(COMPONENTBASE)\jvcl\packages\D16 Packages.groupproj
- At this point I got lots of errors and warnings about not being able to find classes
- Clicked on Cancel until all the packages were loaded
- I tried to ‘Compile All’ but there were some problems with some of the packages so I went through them all and Compiled, and Installed the design-time packages.
- JvPascalInterpreter package did not want to compile so I skipped it.
- Under Tools -> Options -> Environment Options -> Delphi Options -> Library add the following directories to the Browsing path:
- Under Tools -> Options -> Environment Options -> Delphi Options -> Library add the following directories to the Library path: